How to create and use a website with Poster Shop
With Poster Shop’s website builder, you can easily start accepting orders online from your customers for takeaway and delivery. All of the necessary information is automatically uploaded from your Poster account and your online menu will be optimized for your customers’ mobile devices.
☝️ Poster Shop operates on a subscription basis.
The free trial period ends when you accept your first 100 orders. After that you can pay for your online store on a monthly basis, according to your subscription plan. A showcase site without a basket is free.
Setting up your website
To create a website in Poster Shop:
- Go to the Poster Shop creation page.
- Enter the login of your location — a subdomain of your Poster account.
- Click Go.
- Enter your email and password to the Poster management console and click Login.
Before you start taking orders, you should prepare a menu and fill out descriptions of products and its modifiers which you’re going to sell on your site.
To set up your site:
Open the Catalogue → Categories tab in the Poster Shop management console.
Deactivate the Hidden option next to the categories that aren’t available for online ordering.
Go to the Catalogue → Products tab and click Edit next to the products for which you would like to edit names, add pictures or change prices.
☝️ Product names, pictures and prices changed in Poster Shop will not be changed in the Poster management console.
💡 Upload images in JPG, PNG, JPEG format up to 5 MB and with a resolution of 1000 × 1000 pixels.
💡 To change the look of your website, you can customize its design in the editor mode in Poster Shop. To do this, in the tab:
• Design → Colors select a theme style and accent color for buttons and fonts on the website;
• Website structure → Main page click Add slide to attract attention of viewers with an additional image on the home page of your online store. We recommend a 1000 x 2500 pixel image in your corporate style or a marketing message.
💡 To make your website recognizable, load in the Settings → General tab:
• Location logo — an image of 150 × 75 or 75 × 75 pixels in JPG, PNG, JPEG format of up to 5 MB;
• Favicon of the website, which will be displayed in the header of the browser tab — an icon of 16 × 16 pixels in ICO format.
💡 To offer your guests a contactless menu, open the Settings → QR Menu tab and download the QR code with a link to your website to Poster Shop. Print out and stick the QR codes on the tables in your restaurant so that visitors scan them with a smartphone camera and select dishes to order.
💡 In Poster management console fill in the Access → Locations tab:
• Location address so customers can quickly place delivery orders on your website. When entering the address for receiving the order, they will see prompts with the street names and building numbers of your city and select their address from the list;
• Working time so that website visitors place orders only during business hours of your location.
Working with online orders
When customers make orders on your website, your staff will see a red notification on the POS terminal, showing the number of pending orders.
💡 If you work with Poster Delivery, you can save time taking online orders. They will immediately appear on the POS with the Delivery type. The client’s address will already be filled in the system and printed on the receipt, so you can it give to the courier along with the order.
To take an online order through the point of sale:
Go to the Orders tab in the top left corner of your POS and choose Online status.
Select an order, check it and click Accept.
☝️ If a client makes an order for the first time, Poster will automatically create a profile for them and add it to the “Online Orders” group.
- statuses in the order list to accept online orders, check the new ones and those that are being cooked in the kitchen, en route with couriers or delivered to your customer.
☝️ Paid online orders cannot be edited.
- When the customer receives the ready dishes and settles with your location, close the order on the POS.
💡 Your customers will place their next orders faster, because the information about the delivery that they filled out the previous time will be saved in their baskets.
☝️ For the time being, it’s not possible for your customers to pay online. Payments will have to be processed upon delivery.